Error: there is a problem sending the command to the program in excel 2010
Just got the error message which states that "Error: there is a problem sending the command to the program in excel 2010
" when i tried to open an excel file. I got this error today itself. I tried to open it two three times but was unable to open it atlast i am making this thread.
You need to try the steps that are mentioned below
- Right Click on Excel and select properties.
- Now click Compatibility and uncheck all the boxes.
- In order to access Excel (.exe), browse to the below loacation:
- Windows 7 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Windows 7 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
Last edited by flint; 2011-10-15 at 04:04.
Thanks a lot for posting the above solution , but the above solution does not seems to work.
Try the following steps that are mentioned below in order to get this issue fixed.
- Click the Office Button and select Excel Options and then click advanced.
- Now browse to the General section.
- Now you will see an option "Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)" it will be checked
- Uncheck the Box and click OK and apply this action and the problem should be fixed.
Thanks 'Flint' this was really simple and effective fix for my error, I was really tired of searching for solution for this error but couldn't find anywhere. I have unchecked the Ignore other application that use DDE and now the problem of sending command to program got solved in my excel 2010. Thanks a lot.
I am using windows 7 and while clicking on desktop shortcut and internet link I usually get error that Problem in sending command to the program. Can any body suggest me with the this error's solution and provide me with the detail of this error regarding why this error comes while clicking on desktop shortcuts and links. Reply me soon with the solution.
Tags for this Thread